One of the primary perks of Google Ads and other online Pay-Per-Click (PPC) platforms is their data utilization.
In contrast, when advertising in a newspaper, decisions are often based on factors like paper distribution. With Google Ads, however, you can track each ad’s performance, including the number of clicks generated and associated costs.
Indeed, every dataset is flawed, and precision in tracking conversions has always been prone to some degree of complexity. This is why individuals occasionally grapple with selecting various attribution models.
Fortunately, there are numerous areas to enhance the accuracy of your data, and one such area is the employment of the Google Ads enhanced conversions feature.
Let us know more!
What Exactly Is the Google Ads Enhanced Conversions Feature?
The enhanced conversions feature within Google Ads is a tool designed to heighten the precision of your conversion data. It achieves this by augmenting existing tracked conversions with first-party conversion data sourced from your website. This data is then conveyed to Google through a one-way hashing algorithm.
Privacy remains a key focus, as user data remains anonymous. The mechanism involves hashing your first-party customer data, such as names and email addresses, before transmission to Google. Subsequently, match this data with signed-in Google accounts, enabling more accurate attribution of campaign conversions to specific ad interactions like clicks or views.
Benefits of Incorporating Google Ads Enhanced Conversions
The paramount advantage of incorporating Google Ads enhanced conversions is mitigating ambiguity surrounding the actions that drive results, yielding more definitive data.
This holds immense value. Superior quality data is a cornerstone, fostering optimization enhancements for both you and Google across your campaigns.
The capacity to adeptly track how distinct ad interactions influence conversions while simultaneously upholding user data protection marks a significant achievement.
This feature will:
- Give you a deeper comprehension of customer journeys.
- Amplify the accuracy of conversion data across individual campaigns, offering genuine insights into effective strategies.
- Provide additional data for use in retargeting campaigns.
When collaborating with a Google Ads agency, selecting one that emphasizes data-driven approaches to formulate a potent digital strategy is wise.
Implementing Enhanced Conversions: A Step-by-Step Guide
To establish enhanced conversions within Google Ads, you have two principal options: manual configuration through the Google Tag Manager or utilization of the Global Site Tag. You can even employ API connections.
To initiate any of these options, the first step is to access the specific action you intend to enhance with conversions.
- Navigate to Google Ads and click “Tools and Settings” in the upper corner.
- Locate “Conversions” under the “Measurements” category and click on it.
- On the screen, you will find various conversion events available for tracking. Select one from the list.
- At the lower section of the following screen, you’ll encounter a dropdown menu labeled “Enhanced conversions.” Give it a click, followed by “Activate enhanced conversions.” Then, proceed to choose your preferred setup option.
Things to Keep in Mind with Enhanced Conversions
There are a few things you need to keep in mind, including:
- The data you receive remains entirely anonymous when it comes to conversion data. You won’t be able to identify which users took specific actions based on ads, as their data remains safeguarded. Therefore, you should not anticipate access to this level of individual information.
- Enhanced conversions exclusively function for conversion types that involve customer data. Such types encompass activities like email sign-ups, subscriptions, and purchases.
- This feature hinges on the presence of one or more crucial data elements. The preferred option is email, followed by a phone number (only when combined with one of the other two choices) or a name and home address.
Do you want to learn how to drive more conversions? Check out this blog and skyrocket your ROI!
- The Role of Technical SEO in Enhancing Website Performance - October 16, 2023
- The Art of Featured Snippets: Winning the Zero-Click SEO Game - October 16, 2023
- Local SEO Tips for Small Businesses: Dominating Your Niche - October 16, 2023